[FieldTrip] denoising data

s.rombetto at cib.na.cnr.it s.rombetto at cib.na.cnr.it
Tue Apr 8 11:51:12 CEST 2014

Hi
I am interested in this topic too.
As I have mainly environmental noise I use denoise_pca but I would
like to understand if with a different code I couold improve my S/N
ratio. Moreover I would ask if there is any difference if you apply
first one denoising procedure or the other.

Regards
Sara Rombetto, PhD

> Hi Haiteng,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Just to be sure if I understand you correctly - do you use BOTH
> denoise_pca and denoise_synthetic on the same data?
>
> If not, how do you choose which one to use?
>
> Cheers,
> Ana
>

>> Dear Ana,
>>

>>       If I understand correctly ,  we use ft_denoise_synthetic and
>> ft_denoise_pca to reduce  noise due to recording (e.g.  environment noise ,
>> thermal noise... ) not the brain signal artefact (e.g eye blink). Normally
>> ,I use these two  functions  in the very early stage .
>>
>>                                                  Best,
>>                                                  Haiteng

-------------------------
  Dott.ssa Sara Rombetto
  Istituto di Cibernetica
  "E. Caianiello"
  Via Campi Flegrei, 34
  80078 Pozzuoli (NA)
  Italy
  mob +39 3401689815
  tel +39 0818675361
  fax +39 0818675128
  Lab MEG 0817483511
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say
it." [Evelyn Beatrice Hall, The Friends Of Voltaire]