[FieldTrip] grandaveraging EEG question

Dave Britton dave at davebritton.com
Fri Apr 4 19:35:09 CEST 2014

I have EEG data that consist of two separate file sets for each subject,
and 20 subjects. When I process this to get ERPs for various conditions,
does it matter if I just use ft_appenddata to concatenate all 40 files
together and then run ft_timelockanalysis on the result, or should I use
ft_grandaverage to combine the two runs for each subject, using the
"within" parameter" and then combine the 20 resulting grandaverages with
another call to ft_grandaverage using the "between parameter?
-Dave