[FieldTrip] TRENTOOL bad channel combinations

Tyler Grummett tyler.grummett at flinders.edu.au
Fri Apr 11 12:44:45 CEST 2014

?Hello Patricia,

I have previously selected the channels that are EEG, I am not entering in 'EEG' or anything.

            cfgTEP = [];
            cfgTEP.Path2TSTOOL = fullfile( matlabrootpath, 'Matlab', 'OpenTSTOOL'); % dont add this to matlab path
            cfgTEP.toi = [ min( [vchan.time{ :}]), max( [vchan.time{ :}])];
            cfgTEP.channel = vchan.label( comps);?

After playing around with it for a bit I dont think it is the channel combinations, but the data.

If I can ask a separate question, what is an optimal length for the trials? My trials are about 500 ms long and it gives me the following error:

Error using TEprepare (line 710)
TRENTOOL ERROR: Not enough points in timeseries for current analysis settings: cfg.repPred too big, or
max(cfg.ragdim)*max(cfg.ragtaurange) too big, or maximum u to big

It is recommended that the cfgTEP.repPred is size(data.trial{1,1},2)*(3/4)

However it only works for me if it is size(data.trial{1,1},2)*(3/9)?.

Then it runs fine, but Im worried about changing this.

Tyler

Tyler Grummett ( BBSc, BSc(Hons I))
PhD Candidate
Brain Signals Laboratory