[FieldTrip] surfaceplot made by ft_sourceplot sparing the frontal lobes

Marlene Bönstrup marlene.boenstrup at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 8 09:07:46 CEST 2014

Dear fieldtrip-experts,

The plot I generated by ft_sourceplot using cfg.method  = 'surface' with
either projectionemthod 'nearest' or 'project' looks funny. The frontal
lobes don't show any activation, they are just left grey. And also specific
activations on the cortex are shifted towards the back (y-axis). I compared
the same 3-D- sourceactivation data (interpolated on the standard T1 output
of ft_interpolate with ft_interpolate) in an orthoplot and there the
sourceactivation is neatly arranged in the whole brain volume, including
the frontal lobes. So that the mistake must origin in the ft_sourceplot
function.
I use the version of the 18th of December 2013.

Do you know this problem and can help me with it?
If not, do you have an idea to solve it or cirumvent it?

Thanks in advance,
Marlene