[FieldTrip] EEG Source reconstruction: sourcespace and the volume conductor misaligned

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 20:53:53 CEST 2013

Hello Leo,

This looks like the same problem I was having a few months ago, and there
should be some messages on the list about it. I am not able to look at my
data and scripts right now, but if I remember correctly (you can check the
lists for more) the problem had to do with the transformation matrix, and
ft_convert_units. In my case, during the "volume conduction model" step of
the tutorial (the last step before you can plot the vol and sourcespace
together), I had to add an extra

vol = ft_convert_units(vol, 'cm')

before ft_transform_geometry. I don't remember if this alone will solve the
problem (unfortunately the the situation is kind of complicated right now,
there is also a different version of the minimum norms tutorial that is
still in development--see the previous messages for links--and I think my
processing pipeline ended up being a mixture of the two to get things
working. Which means that it's hard to track where exactly I solved the
problem.)

Best,
Steve