[FieldTrip] ft_rejectvisual question #2

Aaron Schurger aaron.schurger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 23:37:52 CEST 2013

I had always wondered about that. It simply returns a new data
structure with the bad trials and channels either excluded or replaced
with nan's. Maybe the list of excluded channels and trials is somehow
stored in the new data structure, but you can easily modify the code
so that it returns the variables chansel and trlsel. Just replace the
first line of ft_rejectvisual with

function [data,trlsel,chansel] = ft_rejectvisual(cfg, data)

Then you call the function like this:

[~,trlsel,chansel] = ft_rejectvisual(cfg,data);

So this way you keep you data structure as it was, but you now have
two indexes, one with the bad trials and one with the bad channels.

Aaron