[FieldTrip] tests of uniformity for circular data (intertrial coherence / phase-locking value)

Pierre Mégevand pierre.megevand at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 22:11:07 CEST 2013

Thanks Eelke and Lucia for your great suggestions.

I've implemented something along the lines of Eelke's proposal number 2. In
keeping with the spirit of tmax-stat-based one-sample permutation tests for
amplitude data, for each iteration of the randomization loop, I am randomly
shifting the "zero time" of the dataset for each individual trial, across
all electrodes, thus keeping any existing relationship between datapoints
at neighboring electrodes and timeframes (except around the "wraparound" or
"rollover" time obviously).

As Eelke said, getting this to work with a cluster-based permutation test
would require some more work. But if anyone is interested in trying this
ITC_max permutation one-sample test as it is now, just send me a message
and I'll be happy to discuss the matter in more detail and share the code.

Pierre
--
Pierre Mégevand, MD, PhD
Post-doctoral research fellow