[FieldTrip] question for using ft_timelockgrandaverage

Herring, J.D. (Jim) j.herring at fcdonders.ru.nl
Tue Oct 22 09:13:27 CEST 2013

Hi Anne,

Yes, ft_timelockgrandaverage takes this into account. This used to be a
problem in earlier versions of Fieldtrip (~ a year ago) but has been
fixed. If you want to make sure you can always specify cfg.keepindividual
= 'yes'; and see whether the channels are ordered correctly. Alternatively
you could replace the data for one channel in each subject with, for
example, ones and see whether ft_timelockgrandaverage produces that
channel with a mean of 1 with no variation as well.

Best,

Jim