[FieldTrip] connectivity analysis

Bart Michiels michielb at tcd.ie
Wed Oct 30 13:22:56 CET 2013

Hi,

I have 30 patients and 30 controls and I'm investigating their coherence
(EEG, 128 electrodes). Every patient has ~30 trials resting state eyes open
consisting of 7 frequency bins with 7 frequencies in each bin. My goal is
to show connectivity differences between different brain regions in the
control and patient group (doing electrode-level analysis now, source-level
analysis is next step).

- Is it more appropriate to keep the averaging step as the latest step (ie.
calculate all coherence for all the different subjects, for all trials, for
all different frequencies in frequency bins) or is it better to do the
averaging asap (ie. average all frequencies in 1 frequency bin at the
time-frequency analysis step, average all trials at the ft_freqdescriptives
step, ...)

- Is there any better way to do some statistics on the 128x128x7x7 (128
electrodes, 7 frequency bins, 7 frequencies in each bin) besides using the
ttest2() matlab function?

Any tips & tricks are more then welcome!

Bart