[FieldTrip] problem ft_freqanalysis

Bart Michiels michielb at tcd.ie
Sat Oct 12 18:15:52 CEST 2013

After using ft_freqanalysis for EEG resting-state data I am unable to see
the whole spectrum of my data, which should show some content between 0 and
60 Hz. I only see some low-frequency content (between 0 and 8 Hz) when
using plot(...).

Pre-processing steps:
Avg re-reference, BP filter 0.25-100, cut continuous data into 4s segments,
resample data to 512 Hz, detrend, re-reference (after avg rereferencing) to
the A1&A2 electrode, Artefact rejection (max=80,min=-80,range=160, default
jump artefact algorithm), visual inspection of the data. There are three
datasets of 1 patients (every dataset cut into 4s segments). After
preprocessing, those data sets are merged with ft.appenddata.

I tried everything (wavelet, multi-taper), I always have the same result,
can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Bart Michiels, Research Assistant.