[FieldTrip] LCMV giving conflicting results vs SAM and DICS

Charidimos Tzagarakis haristz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 01:06:19 CEST 2013

Hi Eelke,
Thank you for looking into this!
The piece of code I commented out is indeed [790:836] (changing line 784
accordingly or alternatively adding a copy of 785-789 after 790).
I did try running ft_timelockanalysis with keeptrials='no' for all 3 calls
and that resulted in the same behaviour as before for LCMV (ie not the
"correct" one). I also tried it   setting keeptrials='no' in
ft_sourceanalysis at the same time (ie keeptrials='no' for both
ft_timelockanalysis and ft_sourceanalysis) which had the same outcome (I
actually had run these tests before posting but wanted to 2ble check).
I may however be confused here because there are some other possible
combinations with keeptrials since for each subject there is a total of 6
calls to functions that accept it as an input and the filter is estimated
with only 2 of them.
Do let me know if there is another combination I should run and I will do
that.
Best,
Haris

Charidimos [Haris] Tzagarakis MD, PhD, MRCPsych
University of Minnesota Dept of Neuroscience and Brain Sciences Center