[FieldTrip] Fwd: head motion regression with ft_regressconfound on a continuous MEG data

McGowin, Inna mcgoiv0 at wfu.edu
Wed Nov 27 19:58:47 CET 2013

Hello,
I am trying to apply head motion correction to a continuous  MEG recording
with
Ft_regressconfound.

Bcs the output of the Ft_regressconfound function is in the trial format ,
technically, I can proceed with the head motion regression method on
the continuous
data by dividing the data into smaller segments; which I did. I have 120
sec of MEG data (SR=600 Hz) that were divided into 10, or 20, or 30 sec
trials. I run  ft_regressconfound on these trials. No matter what the trial
length  or the total number of trials are, I get out of memory message in
Matlab.

Matlab error message:
??? Error using==>mldivide
Out of memory.

Error in ==> ft_regressconfound at 213
beta = regr\dat; % B= X\Y

The error appears in the part of the code where the linear equation is
solved directly.
I tried to only work with a subset of all trials (half for example) with no
luck.

I rum MatlabR2010a on Windows XP 32-bit with the following memory
allocation in Matlab:
Max possible array: 851 Mb
Memory available for all array: 1703 Mb
Memory used by Matlab: 850 Mb
RAM: 3317 Mb

Were anybody else able to run this motion regression algorithm in Matlab
without out of memory? Is there anything I can do to avoid the problem? I
can share the code if needed.

Thanks in advance,
Inna

Inna McGowin