[FieldTrip] 'powandcsd' on short time window

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Sun Nov 10 01:11:04 CET 2013

Dear Nenad,

Unfortunately the limit to the frequency resolution is fundamental and not
practical. It is impossible to get a better frequency resolution than 20 Hz
with only 50ms of data. (It might help to think of this as analogous to
Heisenberg's uncertainty principle in physics.)

Why do you need a better frequency resolution? Perhaps there are
alternatives to what you are trying.

Best,
Eelke