[FieldTrip] ft_channelrepair not finding electrodes

Max Cantor mcantor at umich.edu
Fri Nov 15 17:40:04 CET 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to perform channel repair on EEG data that has undergone jump,
muscle, and visual artifact rejection, and ICA to remove eog and ecg
components, unmixed back into the original channels. It's a 61 channel
system using a modified easycap layout and neighbours template.

The layout has been shown to work on topographic displays, and the template
seems to work in that it creates a neighbours object when
ft_prepare_neighbours is run on it without any errors.

However, I'm getting an error when I attempt to run ft_channelrepair:

Error using ft_fetch_sens (line 179)
no electrodes or gradiometers specified.

Error in ft_channelrepair (line 112)
  sens = ft_fetch_sens(cfg, data);

I'm not currently using ft_datatype_sens or ft_read_sens, as I'm not really
sure what elec/sens file I should be reading or how to go about creating
it. I was hoping that the template, my data, and/or the layout would
contain the necessary information, but given the error on ft_fetch_sens,
that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Max