[FieldTrip] help

Sendy Caffarra s.caffarra at bcbl.eu
Fri Nov 8 10:47:20 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm using Fieldtrip to analyze my Meg data.
Actually, I'm trying to reject ocular artifacts by using ICA.
I decreased the sample rate to 300 and I performed the ICA analysis as following:

cfg = [];
cfg.resamplefs = 300;
cfg.detrend    = 'no';
data_1_rspl = ft_resampledata(cfg, data_1);
%ICA
cfg            = [];
cfg.method = 'runica';
comp           = ft_componentanalysis(cfg, data_1_rspl);

It worked, but now when I try to visualize the different ICA components using:

cfg                 = [];
cfg.layout          = 'neuromag306mag.lay'; % specify the layout file that should be used for plotting
cfg.viewmode        = 'component';
ft_databrowser(cfg, comp);

I can see how the waves look like, but I cannot see the topographic distribution of them.

And Matlab gives me this error:

??? Error using ==> surf at 78
X, Y, Z, and C cannot be complex.

Error in ==> ft_plot_topo at 251
  h = surf(Xi-deltax/2,Yi-deltay/2,zeros(size(Zi)), Zi, 'EdgeColor', 'none', 'FaceColor',
  shading);

Error in ==> ft_databrowser>redraw_cb at 1850
      ft_plot_topo(chanx, chany, chanz, 'mask', ...

Error in ==> ft_databrowser at 671
redraw_cb(h);

Could you help me in solving this problem?
I also downloaded the latest version of fieldtrip but it still does not work.

Thanks for your help.

Sendy

Sendy Caffarra
Postdoctoral researcher BCBL