[FieldTrip] event related fields from source space

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Nov 12 12:01:56 CET 2013

Dear Kaelasha,

Yes indeed, the source.avg.mom contains per dipole location an estimate of the event-related field/potential in the x/y/z direction.

You can reduce the dimensionality of these 3D time series by subsequently calling ft_sourcedescriptives with cfg.projectmom='yes';

On Oct 31, 2013, at 12:44 AM, Kaelasha Tyler wrote:

> FieldTripers,
>
> I am wanting to reconstruct event related fields from source space and have been beamforming with ft_sourceanalysis using cfg.method='lcmv'.
>
> I have not been able to find any clear instructors on this, but can any one tell me, does ft_sourceanalysis output 'data.avg.mom' contain the averaged ERPs reconstructed in source space?
>
> data.avg.mom appears to be a column of cells, one cell for each point in my 3d grid, with each cell containing 3 time series (ERFs), one for each 3d orientation??, x, y, z?
>
> Can any one tell me if this is indeed what I am looking at in data.avg.mom?
>
> Regards,
> Kaelasha Tyler
> PhD candidate
> Swinbunre University of Technology
> Australia

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793

http://www.hettaligebrein.nl