[FieldTrip] volume normalizing to mni template from ctf space mri

Lilla.Magyari at mpi.nl Lilla.Magyari at mpi.nl
Thu Nov 7 10:35:54 CET 2013

hi Russ,

you do not need to worry. Your original volume is converted to spm space
from ctf during normalization and then the original volume and the
template are matched to each other.
Although the ctf to spm conversion is an approximation, it is sufficient
to produce OK result. So, you do not need to realign or reslice your
volume prior to normalization.

And just a remark for others: The automatic conversion happens only if the
original volume defined in ctf (or bti) or in itab (neuromag) coordinates.
Otherwise, the original volume should be aligned to spm space.

Lilla