[FieldTrip] Sourcespace and volume conductor misaligned

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Sat May 25 15:11:18 CEST 2013

Hello all,

I am going through the workflow at
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/minimumnormestimate. After making
the volume conduction model using ft_prepare_headmodel(), I noticed that
although the volume conduction model and sourcespace have the same
orientation and overall size/shape (after I converted the volume conduction
model to cm, which wasn't in the tutorial but my original model came out in
mm), they don't quite line up, as you can see in this figure:

http://i.imgur.com/mGEtLOa.png

I did interactively re-align the data to CTF (twice--in step 2 of
"Preprocessing of the anatomical MRI" and in step 4 of "Source model")
using fiducials, and to Talairach (step 5 of "Preprocessing of the
anatomical data"), so I'm not sure how it ended up this way. The code I've
used at each step is basically the same as that in the tutorial.

Is there any way to line up my volume conduction model and sourcespace now,
without going back and re-running most of the workflow?

Best,
Steve

--
Stephen Politzer-Ahles