[FieldTrip] connectivity problem

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Thu May 23 10:09:17 CEST 2013

Dear Gabriel,

If I am not mistaken, the classical formula in Lachaux et al. (1999)
Human Brain Mapping is PLV = 1/N * | sum(exp(i * theta(t,n))) | . This
is almost the same as the formula you mention, except, importantly,
that theta is the phase difference between two signals, so the angle
of the CSD, and *not* the imaginary part.

Note furthermore that 1 * exp(i*angle(z)) is equal to z/abs(z) for any
complex z, and you see that the implementation computes the classical
formula.

Hope this helps,
Best,
Eelke