[FieldTrip] Phase-amplitude coupling (PAC)

Emilio Valadez evaladez at psych.udel.edu
Thu May 2 23:07:51 CEST 2013

Dear FieldTrippers,

I am trying to compute phase-amplitude coupling (PAC) between the phase of theta activity at one channel and the amplitude of gamma activity at another channel over a specific time window within trials. I have read that PAC is captured with a phase-locking value (PLV), which leads me to think that this might be computed with ft_connectivityanalysis. If this is true, what would the configuration structure and input data need to look like? Or, is there an alternative way to compute PAC using FieldTrip? Thank you in advance!

All the best,
Emilio