[FieldTrip] Question about Memory requirement Of Head model

WangJing 13681530640 at 139.com
Sun May 26 11:26:07 CEST 2013

Hello Everyone,

     I want to know what's the requiement of fieldtrip to hardware and software. My computer 's CPU is 3GHz, and RAM is 8GB. the OS is windows sever 2003, and the matlab is 2011a(32bit).I often encounter the problem of out of Memery.

for example 1:

> mri = ft_read_mri('IM-0001-0001.dcm');    % the dim of data is [512 512 144]

cfg = [];
ft_sourceplot(cfg,mri);

the result is:

??? Out of memory. Type HELP MEMORY for your options.

Error in ==> ft_sourceplot at 368
  ana  = (ana-dmin)./(dmax-dmin);

example 2:

clear all
mri = ft_read_mri('IM-0001-0001.dcm');

cfg = [];
cfg.method = 'interactive';
cfg.coordsys = 'ctf';
mri_realigned = ft_volumerealign(cfg,mri);
clear mri
cfg=[];
mrirs = ft_volumereslice(cfg,mri_realigned);

when run to the last code, I face the same problem.

Thank you!

Best Regards!

Jing Wang