[FieldTrip] beggining Help

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Wed May 1 09:40:01 CEST 2013

Dear Gabriel,

Since you indicate that you are "completely new to fieldtrip and
almost new to EEG analysis", I would recommend you get started by
going through some of our tutorials:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial These will help get you
acquainted with FieldTrip's work style, as well as teach you some
basics of EEG analysis. Understanding of the basics is vital if you
want to (sensibly) do connectivity analysis later on.

There are also some tutorials on connectivity, which you will find on
the same page.

As for getting your data into FieldTrip, all FT data is encapsulated
in a Matlab structure. Once your data is in Matlab, you can make a FT
structure out of it by creating a structure that resembles the output
of ft_preprocessing. Refer to the documentation for ft_datatype_raw
for details on this
(http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/reference/ft_datatype_raw or "edit
ft_datatype_raw" in matlab).

Best, and good luck,