[FieldTrip] Calculating goodness of fit

Jim McKay candoosy at telus.net
Wed Mar 27 00:24:40 CET 2013

Hello Fieldtrippers,

I am trying to figure out how to calculate the goodness of fit (gof)
after a dipole fit on MEG data. The equation for gof has two input
variables, the measured data vector and the model data vector from the
EC dipole fit. The measured data vector is easy, but I am confused which
vector to use for the model data, which is a vector of length
(1:Num_sensors). If dip1 is the output from the ft_dipolefitting
function, candidates are:

dip1.Vdata  - perhaps this is the measured data?
dip1.Vmodel - sounds promising?
dip1.dip.pot - or maybe this?

Can someone please clarify what vector to use?

Cheers,

Jim

--
Jim McKay
Candoo Systems Inc. - Magnetic field & vibration sensors, systems, and
jim.mckay at candoosys.com
www.candoosys.com