[FieldTrip] new set of template sourcemodels uploaded

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at DONDERS.RU.NL
Thu Mar 7 09:49:27 CET 2013

Dear all,

I just uploaded a new set of template sourcemodels into fieldtrip/template/sourcemodel, and I removed the old ones. You can read about it here:

http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/template/sourcemodel

This change may be of consequence for your own analyses, if you rely on these templates. This is only likely when you are using beamformers for source reconstruction, and you use sourcemodels (grids) that have been created using an inverse warp of a template sourcemodel. Essentially, the change has consequences if you use cfg.grid.warpmni = 'yes' in ft_prepare_sourcemodel.
The old sourcemodels are different from the new ones, and a group analysis across subjects can obviously only be performed when the subjects have been processed all with the same template sourcemodel. Of course we recommend the new version, but if you prefer to stick to the old version, you can only recover them from older versions of FieldTrip, because we have removed them from the release version as of now (i.e. svn revision number 7600, March 7, 2013).

Happy computing,

Jan-Mathijs

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793