[FieldTrip] padding of segmented data

Casper van Heck caspervanheck at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 14:32:45 CEST 2013

Dear Nenad,

I think the option cfg.padding only works for that iteration of
ft_preprocessing, but what you can do, is select larger segments initially,
and then run ft_preprocessing again with smaller segments.

While you can set ft_preprocessing to apply multiple different filters in
one go (like a low-pass, a high-pass, and a DFT-filter, for example), using
a similar filter multiple times (like a high-pass filter at 4Hz, and
another at 8Hz) is usually not required, or recommended. If you do multiple
analyses on the same data (which, for example, require different filters)
you could find it useful to create multiple smaller pipelines with their
own ft_preprocessing. Debugging complex analyses can be a lot easier that
way:)

Hope this helps,

Casper