[FieldTrip] QSUB toolbox on a multi-core computer

Graham Peyton graham at peyton.co.za
Wed Jun 26 12:13:58 CEST 2013

Dear FieldTrip community,

I am trying to carry out an MEG analysis using the qsub distributed
computing toolbox. I'm using a quad-core i7 computer, and was hoping that
I'd be able to distribute the workload over all four cores.

I have followed the tutorial below exactly:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/distributedcomputing

The problem I am having is this: I managed to run example 1 (with my own
dataset), but I am finding that when I use qsubcellfun, the function
ft_definetrial is executed *sequentially* (for each condition), *not* in *
parallel*. Is there a way I can correct this, so as to parallelize the
analysis? Or is the toolbox not designed for multi-core machines?

Many thanks,

Graham Peyton