[FieldTrip] Error in ft_timelockanalysis: Cannot find MEX Script

Erica Boschin erica.boschin at queens.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 30 16:29:27 CEST 2013

Dear Fieldtrip users,

In trying to run ft_timelockanalysis I keep getting the following error:

??? Error using ==> CalcMD5 at 70
Cannot find MEX script

This error should allegedly occur when the path is the same as the parent folder for the script, which is not my case. I have tried recompiling the mex files in private and src, with no luck.

Has anyone ever experienced this error and if so, could point me towards a solution?

I am running Fieldtrip in Matlab 2010a, on a Mac Intel Core Duo running OS 10.6.8. I do not get the error if I try to run the exact same script in Matlab2012b on a Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac running Mac OS 10.6.8. I'm not sure whether it might be a specs issue or something else.

Many thanks,
Erica