[FieldTrip] freq / time range for source analysis?

cornelius abel cornabel at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 1 14:12:41 CEST 2013

Dear FT-List,

in an MEG experiment we tested the power difference (40-100Hz, 10
tapsmofreq) between two experimental conditions not averaging over time
and frequency.
We found a nice significant cluster in the lower gamma range and in the
first half of the time range.
Please have a look at the two figures.

http://dropcanvas.com/0fnvn

Fig a is the multiplotTFR of stat, showing only significant areas.
Fig b is the sum over channels of the significance mask giving the
number of significant channels at the corresponding freq/time point.

Now, we are not sure how to pick the time and freq range for a
subsequent source analysis.
Should we take the whole time/freq range in which any channel/time/freq
combination became significant? Or is it better to pick some center
value, also to increase power in the source analysis?

Any ideas?

Greetings, Cornelius