[FieldTrip] MNE fiff_read / write_raw_segment

Peter Goodin pgoodin at swin.edu.au
Thu Jan 24 02:59:58 CET 2013

Hi Fieldtrip list,

I'm trying to add an altered channel and save it as a new fiff file using the MNE commands from the external/MNE dir in Fieldtrip, but seem to just keep getting the data from the old fiff file instead.

The code I'm currently using is:

To read:
fh = fiff_setup_read_raw('input.fif');
f = fiff_read_raw_segment(fh);

After adding in the altered channel data to f, I then use:

fiff_write_raw_segment(output.fif, fh);

What I thought would happen is output.fif would use the information in f and fh to write output.fif, but what seems to be happening is the data in f is being ignored.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to insert the altered channel data then write it back out as a fiff file?

Thanks,

Peter.

Peter Goodin,
BSc (Hons), Ph.D Candidate.

Brain and Psychological Sciences Research Centre (BPsych)
Swinburne University,
Hawthorn, Vic, 3122

Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre (MAPrc)
Level 1, Old Baker Building
Commercial Road
Melbourne, Vic, 3004