[FieldTrip] Running sensor space stats then source?

Johanna Zumer johanna.zumer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:26:36 CET 2013

Hi Peter,

I think your question was aimed at asking: is it, by running the same stats
on transformed data, double-dipping to use the same time window, for
example?  I don't think so in this case of sensor versus source because, as
Jan-Mathijs already mentioned, it's not just a transform of each sensor to
a given source location, but rather a linear mixture, and this linear
mixture may pull out different effects, even when using cluster stats at
the sensor level.

I also don't think that it is double dipping if you first find the optimal
time window in sensor data, and then simply want to ask: where is the most
likely location of the underlying neural source?   Then you are asking a
spatial/where question, not a presence/if question.   Although, see
previous paragraph as to why you may find a different set of significant
findings in source versus sensor space.

Cheers,
Johanna