[FieldTrip] Reading brainvision data: problem with channel's resolution

Ricardo Moura ricardoojm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 11:52:32 CET 2013

Hi Jan-Mathijs,
Thank you very much for your reply.

I found a mistake of mine in the data export. I didn't export it as ".dat"
binary file. I was exporting it as text file. Now, the same script I sent
in the first email is working in the sense that the program is properly
recognizing the samples in the data (the 797740 sampling points, instead of
only 80). Nevertheless, I still have a problem with the channel's
resolution.

I saw that when exporting the binary files as ieee 32-bit floating, the
resolution of the channels is not recorded in the header. So I changed it
to the "32-bit signed integer" format, and now I have the resolution (in
the header, it appears as "Ch1=AF3,NewRef,4.1322874E-08,µV", under "Channel
Infos"), but then, another error message is returned:

??? Error using ==> read_brainvision_eeg at 155
unsupported sub-fileformat

I tried to export the data in different ways, but the error persists.

I am afraid there is something else wrong in the way I am exporting the
data. Could you tell me how I must export the data, or just show me where I
can find more detailed specifications about it? I searched through the site
and mailing list, and haven't find further information about it.

Thanks again,
Best wishes,
Ricardo