[FieldTrip] localspheres

Nugent, Allison C. (NIH/NIMH) [E] nugenta at mail.nih.gov
Wed Feb 6 21:59:16 CET 2013

Thank you so much - I downloaded the newest version of FieldTrip, and it works as expected.  I was using one from early in January.

To answer some of your questions...
When I ran ft_prepare_headmodel with a singleshell method, I used the process described here:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/headmodel_meg?s[]=singleshell<http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/headmodel_meg?s%5b%5d=singleshell>
cfg=[];cfg.method='singleshell'; vol=ft_prepare_headmodel(cfg,segmentedmri);

I have one follow-up question - - I'd like to visualize the results.  According to the fieldtrip faq:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/how_can_i_visualize_the_different_geometrical_objects_that_are_needed_for_forward_and_inverse_computations
"The low level plotting functions do not support the multisphere volume conductor models."

But the deprecated function doesn't seem to work...

I have some other questions regarding coercing my nifti format MRI into the correct coordinate system, but I'll save those for another post.

Allison Nugent, PhD
MRI Physicist
Experimental Therapeutics and Pathophysiology Branch
NIMH/NIH/DHHS
Ph. 301-451-8863
nugenta at mail.nih.gov