[FieldTrip] segmented brain seems not fitting the sensor helmet well

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Feb 28 18:54:14 CET 2013

Hi Ye,

Looks like a coregistration problem to me. In other words, something went wrong in ft_volumesegment, because the images were not sufficiently aligned. You need to investigate the input and output of ft_volumesegment.
Do you use ft_volumerealign after calling ft_volumesegment? This should be the other way around.

On Feb 28, 2013, at 5:38 PM, Ye Mei wrote:

> Hello FieldtripList,
>
> After segmentation and alignment using
> 'ft_volumesegment' and 'ft_volumerealign', one of the subjects' segmented
> brain seems rotated forward in the sensor helmet(brain.png) and the
> cerebellum part seems to be segmented out. However, his head MRI seems
> fitting the sensor helmet well(head.jpg). My another subject's brain
> seem to be correctly segmented without missing the cerebellum part. And
> the brain is not rotated forward.
>
> Could might be the problem?
>
> thanks ahead,
> Ye

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793