[FieldTrip] Performing time-frequency statistical tests on regional source data

Emilio Valadez evaladez at psych.udel.edu
Tue Feb 26 21:26:30 CET 2013

Dear FieldTrip users,

I have an EEG dataset that was reduced to 8 regional sources with BESA and then exported for FieldTrip analysis. I want to perform a statistical test on the regional sources' time-frequency data, comparing two experimental conditions, but I don't know whether it would be appropriate to use ft_freqstatistics (because I have regional sources instead of a complete sensor layout - making cluster formation problematic) or ft_sourcestatistics. Can you suggest a method for performing a statistical test in this situation? Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
Emilio Valadez