[FieldTrip] GE MRI platform 12.0 scans don't import into CTF MRIViewer

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Fri Feb 8 14:04:07 CET 2013

Hi Inna,

You could try ft_read_mri with as input one of the files that comprises the volume. I never tested it with GE, but for Siemens it is able to figure out the other file names and put the slices in the correct order. The ft_read_mri uses the MATLAB dicom reader for each slice and puts them in a volume. Subsequently you would do ft_volumerealign to assign the head coordinate system, potentially followed by ft_volumereslice.

See
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/how_can_i_convert_an_anatomical_mri_from_dicom_into_ctf_format
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/why_does_my_anatomical_mri_show_upside-down_when_plotting_it_with_ft_sourceplot
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tag/coordinate?do=showtag&tag=coordinate