[FieldTrip] automatic artifact detection and ft_denoise_pca

Robin robince at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:07:30 CET 2013

Hi Jörn,

Thanks very much. Yes I think that will solve the problem - I hadn't
realised I could use negative trial padding values.
What I had just got working was as similar approach extracting larger
trials at first and then manually making a new trl defintion:

    % artifact detection
    tmpcfg = [];
    tmpcfg.continuous = 'no'; % some trials are excluded
    tmpcfg.trl = run_clean.sampleinfo;
    tmpcfg.trl(:,1) = tmpcfg.trl(:,1) + round(filterpad*run_clean.fsample);
    tmpcfg.trl(:,2) = tmpcfg.trl(:,2) - round(filterpad*run_clean.fsample);

    [tmpcfg, artifact] = ft_artifact_muscle(tmpcfg, run_clean);

which seemed to work but the trlpadding option definitely looks cleaner!

Thanks,

Robin