[FieldTrip] Leadfield and source contain NaN

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Mon Dec 16 09:22:16 CET 2013

Dear Azeez,

some gridpoints might fall outside the head, thus no source activity is
computed and the respective value is set to nan. In your grid or
leadfield-structure you got the fields .inside and .outside. You can use
these as indices to find the respective values of sourceactivity only
inside (or outside) the brain. You can use the indices in analog to this
example:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/beamformingextended#computing_the_sourcemodel
(see the call to ft_plot_mesh)

Best,
Jörn

On 12/13/2013 7:06 PM, Azeez Adebimpe wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>  I calculated leadfield  with 64 electrodes but majority of part of
> leadfield.leadfield consist of NaN and some with values and I ensured
> the electrode is projected on the head (but some not touching the head
> directly but at the right position). Please help me with what I am
> missing please. Whenever I used the leadfield to calculate source, it
> also contain NaN.
>

> Azeez Adebimpe

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student