[FieldTrip] Format for storing MRI data (DICOM import for CTF MEG)

Dr. Zimmermann R.Zimmermann at UKE.Uni-Hamburg.de
Mon Dec 2 14:33:25 CET 2013

Hi,

we're operating a CTF MEG, our MRI data is provided in DICOM format.

The FieldTrip doc about conversion of DICOM data into CTF format:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/how_can_i_convert_an_anatomical_mri_from_dicom_into_ctf_format
has already found its way to us.

Currently, we we're still using the  '...old and difficult way' since
import and setting of fiducials is done by people (=> MRI-operator)
other than the later users (=> MRI-user) of the mri data. To keep this
task sharing, each converted MRI should be saved to a file by a
MRI-operator. Later this file could be opened by the MRI-user.

On the one hand the saved file should contain all of the MRI content
(data, hdr with transformation matrices etc.), on the other hand I
wouldn't like to add software prerequisites (as spm or freesurfer) for
the storage or later reading process. Obviously I can take the (still
provided) original CTF routine: writeCTFMRI.m (This would mean to
regress most of the importing process).

Is there a way to store the MRI data in CTF format without using the
function provided by CTF?

Regards, Roger
--

Besuchen Sie uns auf: www.uke.de

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf; Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts; Gerichtsstand: Hamburg
Vorstandsmitglieder: Prof. Dr. Martin Zeitz (Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Dr. Uwe Koch-Gromus, Joachim Prölß, Rainer Schoppik

SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE PRINTING