[FieldTrip] beamforming: one/two sources and subject specific ROI

Vitoria Piai v.piai.research at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 15:06:20 CET 2013

Dear FT community,

I have (nice!) source-reconstruction results for my data (attached) and
now I've got a list of things I'd like to do next but I've got some
specific questions left.

1) ft_sourcestatistics detects /one /cluster (p = .002). It'd be nice if
I could say there are two different "sources" for my effect, one
temporo-parietal and one frontal. But I believe that from a source
reconstruction perspective, I cannot claim that. Could anyone confirm
that for me?

2) Based on the stats, I'd like to define my ROI and go back to
individual subjects to look at the single-trial data within this
detected source. (Ultimately, I'd like to correlate power within that
source with reaction times).

Joern had some suggestions about how to select the ROI "I had the feeling that especially this latter approach (base ROI on GA +/- 3 cm, smooth individual subject data, select most sensitive voxel)"
http://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2013-June/006733.html
Has anyone done something similar (or different)? Did it work out well?
The problem I think I'll face is that my source isn't very focal (half of the left hemisphere!), so I'd be very happy to hear your thoughts on whether this analysis is even feasible...

Thanks a lot,
Vitoria

--
** Please consider the environment - do you really need to print? **