[FieldTrip] EEG sensor position layout again

Johanna Zumer johanna.zumer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 14:01:39 CEST 2013

Hi Hweeling,

I just checked on my computer, and it helped to restart matlab and try
again.  Maybe there is something strange if ft_defaults is called (again)
during an already open session with previous calls to FT functions?

Best,
Johanna

2013/8/15 Hwee Ling Lee <hweeling.lee at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> It states that:
> 'QuikCap_NSL_128.mat' not found.
>
> However, when I checked fieldtrip/templates/layout, the mat file is stored
> in this folder.
>
> Cheers,
> Hweeling
>

> On 15 August 2013 13:33, Johanna Zumer <johanna.zumer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Hweeling,
>>
>> Since it says that it cannot find the Quikcap file, it sounds like it's
>> not on your path.    Run  ft_defaults on your Matlab command, then test if
>> the file is on your path:
>>
>> Assuming it finds the file on your path, then do you still get the
>> browser error?
>>
>> Best,
>> Johanna
>>

>> 2013/8/15 Hwee Ling Lee <hweeling.lee at gmail.com>
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> A bit more details about my setup.
>>>
>>> I'm using a Easycap MRI compatible 128 channels cap. I tried to search
>>> for a layout on the templates/layout, and I found one that might closest
>>> fit to my needs ('QuikCap_NSL_128').
>>> To view my components, I tried these series of commands:
>>>
>>> cfg = [];
>>> cfg.viewmode = 'component';
>>> cfg.continuous = 'yes';
>>> cfg.layout = ft_prepare_layout('QuikCap_NSL_128');
>>> ft_databrowser(cfg,ic_data);
>>>
>>> However, I was prompted with error messages:
>>> Warning: Struct field assignment overwrites a value with class "char".
>>> See MATLAB R14SP2 Release Notes, Assigning Nonstructure
>>> Variables As Structures Displays Warning, for details.
>>>   In ft_preamble at 54
>>>   In ft_prepare_layout at 91
>>> Error using ft_prepare_layout (line 582)
>>> no layout detected, please specify cfg.layout
>>>
>>> Also when I tried the command,
>>>
>>> cfg = [];
>>> cfg.viewmode = 'component';
>>> cfg.continuous = 'yes';