[FieldTrip] ancova for sources analysis

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Thu Aug 1 12:37:08 CEST 2013

Dear Gabriel,

if you have a .stat field, you did already run statistics on your data.
I wouldn't regress anything out of e.g. t-values. Rather, the idea is to
regress out confounding factors before doing statistics, so that you
reduce variance across trials and subsequently maximize sensitivity of
your statistical test. I could really advise you to read the paper I
suggested, the rationale is explained there.
Moreover, if you are interested in a covariate like 'age', a simple
correlational analysis might make more sense. As stated, the idea of
regressconfound is to explain and remove variance across observations,
but depending on what you want, a correlation might make more sense.
Want to improve your stats? Then go for regressconfound. Find out if
there is age explains neural effects? Then go for a simple correlation.

Best,
Jörn

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student