[FieldTrip] ICA on highpass filtered MEG data

Aaron Schurger aaron.schurger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 21:49:21 CEST 2013

I am not aware of any good way to remove microsaccade artifacts from
EEG or MEG data. ICA might find a microsaccade component if you have
sufficient data, but you will have to hunt through the components to
find the "right" one. The difficult question is how to know which is
the right component, or whether or not microsaccades are incorporated
into two or more components (or not at all). Having an MEG-compatible
eye tracker with a high sampling rate is what I would want.
Best wishes,
Aaron