[FieldTrip] EEG sensor position layout again

Hwee Ling Lee hweeling.lee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 13:21:19 CEST 2013

Hi,

A bit more details about my setup.

I'm using a Easycap MRI compatible 128 channels cap. I tried to search for
a layout on the templates/layout, and I found one that might closest fit to
my needs ('QuikCap_NSL_128').
To view my components, I tried these series of commands:

cfg = [];
cfg.viewmode = 'component';
cfg.continuous = 'yes';
cfg.layout = ft_prepare_layout('QuikCap_NSL_128');
ft_databrowser(cfg,ic_data);

However, I was prompted with error messages:
Warning: Struct field assignment overwrites a value with class "char". See
MATLAB R14SP2 Release Notes, Assigning Nonstructure
Variables As Structures Displays Warning, for details.
> In utilities\private\ft_preamble_provenance at 49
  In ft_preamble at 54
  In ft_prepare_layout at 91
Error using ft_prepare_layout (line 582)
no layout detected, please specify cfg.layout

Also when I tried the command,

cfg = [];
cfg.viewmode = 'component';
cfg.continuous = 'yes';
cfg.layout = 'QuikCap_NSL_128';
ft_databrowser(cfg,ic_data);

I get this error message:
Warning: could not open QuikCap_NSL_128
> In fileio\private\warning_once at 116
  In fileio\private\filetype_check_header at 54
  In ft_filetype at 328
  In ft_prepare_layout at 253
  In ft_databrowser at 226
Warning: could not determine filetype of QuikCap_NSL_128
> In fileio\private\warning_once at 116
  In ft_filetype at 1115
  In ft_prepare_layout at 253
  In ft_databrowser at 226
creating layout from electrode file QuikCap_NSL_128
Error using ft_read_sens (line 68)
file 'QuikCap_NSL_128' does not exist

Error in ft_prepare_layout (line 275)
  lay = sens2lay(ft_read_sens(cfg.layout), cfg.rotate, cfg.projection,
cfg.style, cfg.overlap);

Error in ft_databrowser (line 226)
  cfg.layout = ft_prepare_layout(tmpcfg);

Would anyone please help?