[FieldTrip] Import of Spike2 data (.smr)

Vladimir Litvak litvak.vladimir at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 11:47:12 CEST 2013

Dear Korey,

FT_READ_SPIKE function does not have anything to do with Spike2 software.
It is a function for reading spike data from many formats. You could read
.smr files created by Spike2 v. 5 and earlier directly into Fieldtrip using
ft_preprocessing. This requires Neuroshare library that you can get from
http://neuroshare.sourceforge.net/. For v. 6 and later you can export the
data into .mat file from Spike 2 and those mat files can be converted into
Fieldtrip. The settings should be something like the attached.

Best,

Vladimir