[FieldTrip] Question connectivity analysis / ICA / MVAR

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Tue Apr 23 09:59:58 CEST 2013

Hi Martin,

that error most likely occurs because the rank of your datamatrix is not
full. This can e.g. be the case for EEG data where you include the
reference channel (or common average rereferenced) or when you used
ft_channelrepair or, in your case, when you removed an ICA component,
therefore reducing the rank of your data.
I am not sure what the best solution for this is, because there are
several, e.g. you could do your MVar analysis on ICA data directly, do
it on a subset of channels so that the datamatrix is rank sufficient
again or just refrain from doing the mvar analysis.

Best,
Jörn

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student