[FieldTrip] Emotiv and Fieldtrip - filter in the streamer/buffer?

Ricardo Jorge landpt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:16:10 CEST 2012

Hi again,

I'm not sure, to be honest!

I would say fieldtrip is the most precise one, but why would it happen
- I mean, how could it be better than the testbench? That's what's
confusing me: it makes no sense that a signal such as EEG has only
integer values indeed.

But there are weirder things:

In the EDF/CSV files from testbench, the first channel (AF3) has only
integer values, the second channel doesn't have only integer values,
but have mean 260 around, the third channel goes back to the integer
values and 4000 mean again, fourth chan back to ~200 mean, non-integer
and it goes on... which makes me thinking that they probably apply
something, either the baseline and rounding, or something more.

In the EDF files from Openvibe, all numbers are integers as
independently of the channel, but variance's different as well. In
fact, estimating it right now, it says that it has variance around 3.

In the MAT file recorded by Fieldtrip, all numbers are non integer but
with an extremely low variance comparing to the others.

So, for some reason all methods are different but to be honest I feel
that fieldtrip's results are correct and so I'm going to give it a try
and use them in my investigation to see if they can confirm what I
expect.

Thanks once again!

Best regards,
Ricardo Jorge