[FieldTrip] Emotiv and Fieldtrip - filter in the streamer/buffer?

Boris Reuderink b.reuderink at donders.ru.nl
Thu Sep 27 11:24:34 CEST 2012

Dear Ricardo,

If I understand your remark correctly, there is a scaling difference between other software (OpenVibe & Emotiv Testbench) and FieldTrip's real-time signal from the Emotiv. Would could see if we can find this difference in scaling.

But, are there other signal characteristics that are different? You mention 'less noisy' — could that be caused just by scaling, or do you have a clear indication that the signal is filtered? Screenshots would be helpful.

There are some places were filtering could take place. The viewer (bufferViewer.exe) has an option to enable a high-pass filter, and the FieldTrip's shared ODM code for streaming can down-sample the signal which also involves filtering, but it should be disabled by default.

Can you provide some additional info?

Best,

Boris

PS: emotiv2ft.exe is based on the Emotiv SDK (EDK).

--
twitter.com/#!/breuderink | github.com/breuderink | borisreuderink.nl