[FieldTrip] Neuromag sensor level stats

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Tue Sep 25 09:21:12 CEST 2012

Hi Peter,

The cluster-based permutation test by itself is fully corrected for
multiple comparisons. You mention "cluster based t-tests", but the
exact test statistic (in your case, t) is irrelevant for this method.
>From your comment I think you already understand this, but I thought
it good to point out nonetheless :)

Strictly speaking, when doing several cluster-based permutation tests,
the cluster-level p-values you get out are uncorrected with respect to
the several different tests, so actually I think it would be formally
appropriate to correct them (with the number of cluster tests, *not*
number of clusters of course), using Bonferroni or Holm-Bonferroni
correction or so. I don't think this is commonly done, though.

Best,
Eelke