[FieldTrip] Verbosity of fieldtrip functions

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Thu Sep 13 10:03:19 CEST 2012

Hi Joscha,

At the moment, we are thinking about implementing a generic logging
mechanism in FieldTrip. Such a mechanism would allow you to specify
the level of feedback you desire on the console, and also allow people
to conveniently store log files for e.g. posting on this list for
debugging. But given that (1) our thinking about this is still in its
early stages, and (2) it requires a replace of all fprintf()
statements in the entire codebase, it could be a while before this is
fully implemented.

But, to repeat, this is something we plan to do in the (near) future.

Best,
Eelke