[FieldTrip] realtime buffer does not exit

Elizabeth Anne Bock, Ms elizabeth.bock at mcgill.ca
Wed Sep 12 20:32:39 CEST 2012

I am using the realtime buffer and I have found I cannot exit the buffer within the Matlab command window.  I am forced to exit Matlab or, more often, must kill the process manually from the windows task manager.  I am using Windows XP to host the buffer and Linux to run acqftx.  Here is what I am seeing:

>> buffer('tcpserver', 'exit', ft_host, ft_port)
In main: requesting cancelation of tcpserver thread

>> buffer('tcpserver', 'init', ft_host, ft_port)
??? Error using ==> buffer
thread is already running

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Bock / MEG System Engineer

McConnell Brain Imaging Centre / Montreal Neurological Institute

McGill University / 3801 University St. / Montreal, QC H3A 2B4

MEG Lab: 514.398.6056

Mobile: 514.718.6342